Join us for our next Admissions Event!
During Arts Day you can learn more about our visual and performing arts programs, possible career opportunities, and admissions processes. Prospective students will also have the opportunity to meet our faculty and students, participate in workshops, attend optional auditions, and participate in optional portfolio reviews.
Spend the day with the Department of Fine Arts, at Rutgers University–Camden, and discover the exciting opportunities we have to offer!
Saturday, April 1
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What to expect at Arts Day
This event is organized for prospective first-year and transfers students interested in the undergraduate programs in Animation, Drawing, Graphic Design, Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Music, Theater, Film, Art History, and Museum Studies.
This event requires registration, please visit our registration page.
Schedule of Events
10:00 am – 10:30 am Registration
10:30 am – 10:40 am Scene from Proof
10:40 am – 10:55 am Welcome, department information
Careers in visual and performing arts
10:55 am – 11:10 am Admissions and financial aid Information
11:15 am – 12:20 pm Program specific activities, workshops, optional portfolio reviews and optional auditions
12:20 pm – 1:00 pm Lunch Reception and on-site application submission
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Student Works Gallery, Stedman Gallery, backstage, and campus tours
- “Making Monologues from Scratch” with Prof. Paul Bernstein
- “A Crash Course in Smartphone Filmmaking” with Prof. Robert A. Emmons
- Painting Workshop with Prof. Margery Amdur
- “Singing for the Stage” with Dionne Fields
- Graphic Design Workshop with Prof. Allan Espiritu
- “Making a ‘Frankenstein’ Style Assemblage” with Tiana McMillan
- “Learn to Play the Ukulele in 30 Minutes” with Prof. Stefán Örn Arnarson
- Animation Workshop with Brooke Rivera-Rich
Department of Fine Arts
314 Linden Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1400