The Acting Concentration equips students with the skills they need for careers in theater, television, or film while enabling them to take advantage of the many opportunities provided by Rutgers–Camden’s well-rounded liberal arts experience.
- Small class sizes mean students receive lots of personal attention.
- A faculty of seasoned professional artists who are active in their fields carefully track the progress of each student.
- Core courses provide rigorous training in acting, voice, movement, and script analysis grounded by a background in theater history.
- Electives in such areas as directing, playwriting, filmmaking, and design enable students to individually tailor their studies.
- Performance opportunities in our fully-supported mainstage and student-directed productions provide hands-on training. Productions range from Shakespearian tragedies to modern classics and musicals.
- Facilities include the Walter K. Gordon Theater, a state-of-the-art 650 seat proscenium house renowned for its near-perfect acoustical properties, and the Black Box Studio, a flexible, intimate performance space.
- Our proximity to the vibrant Philadelphia and New York theater scenes makes internships highly accessible.
For information about the Acting concentration, contact Professor Kenneth Elliott.